RESEARCH EXECUTIVE (H/F)
BUSINESS CONTEXT AND CHALLENGES:
Shanghai Chanel Research & Innovation Center belongs to Chanel Fragrance & Beauty Division. In May 2020, Chanel R&I expanded its international presence in China, being already established in USA, Japan & South Korea.
China R&I center is positioned as a “knowledge center” to acquire Skin & Beauty knowledge, specialized in local topics:
- Consumer needs and beauty influencing factors in China, including people’s beliefs, environmental lifestyle specificities which impact beauty behaviors and therefore product conception.
- Scientific & technology trends watch
- Research partnership building in China
- Performance enhancement of our products by conducting further 360° evaluation in China.
For purpose of the buildup of a brick and mortar Center planned in 2022 and the development of our activities, we are looking for a Research Executive from Jan 2021, within a “VIE” 12 months contract.
1/ Participate in new China R&I Center build-up process
- Help to handle execution details in Center construction plan rollout.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders (China & France) & external agencies.
- Follow-up the progress with experts based in Paris especially on evaluation lab material implementation
2/ Get involved in research & evaluation projects
- Assist in China research & evaluation project: framing, follow up, development, report
- Coordinate between French team and other worldwide centers.
3/ Scout research, technology & beauty trends evolution in China
- Undertake bibliographic review on beauty related topics and attend professional conferences, exhibitions. prepare reports.
- Identify interesting opportunities with appropriate partners on specific topics and commit internal discussion
- Market insight: follow up main competitors’ activities, new launches, key product performance & data analysis. prepare reports.
- Master degree or equivalent in biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical science, cosmetic science or medical school, ideally with international background (study or working experience).
- At least 2 years working experience in R&D, ideally in personal care / cosmetic industries (it is a Chinese VIE requirement; internships or alternance don’t count).
- Knowledge in cosmetic evaluation methods (clinical evaluation, in vivo, ex vivo, in vitro testing, etc.).
- Very good mastery of English in both oral & written. Good level in Chinese (at least speaking) is a must.
- Hands-on, well organized, sense of details. Cooperative mindset and good team player.
- Good presentation & inter-personal skills.
- Good skill in using Windows Office, at least powerpoint, excel and word. Mastery of other statistic tools (R language, Python) is an asset.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi
|Catégorie emploi||Offre d'emplois Business France|