Product Manager / Data Analyst
Cathay Innovation is looking for a Product Manager / Data Analyst to join their growing Tech team. The candidate would be the first hire in their Shanghai Office, spearheading the technical projects for the Chinese offices.
About Cathay Innovation
Cathay Innovation is a global venture capital fund, created in affiliation with Cathay Capital. It was founded around the shared conviction that supporting entrepreneurs with an international platform bridging 4 continents – North America, Europe, Asia and Africa – constitutes a particularly powerful value-creation strategy.
As a multi-stage fund, Cathay Innovation partners with visionary entrepreneurs, committed to the sustainable transformation of the world through technology. Such transformation is accelerated by leveraging Cathay Capital’s extensive network with corporates and solid experience in operational excellence. Cathay Innovation has offices in San Francisco, Paris, Beijing, Shanghai and Singapore.
The team is committed to have a sustainable approach of investment and to have a positive impact on society.
Over the course of just 5 years, Cathay Innovation went from 0 to 1.8 billion dollars of funds under management. To maintain and escalate this hyper growth, we have put a primary focus on digitalizing our activities and being on the edge of innovation by leveraging state of the art tech to maintain our competitive advantage.
The candidate will be the second full-time hire in the Cathay Innovation Tech team, which provides products for our investment teams and ecosystem partners. In addition, the candidate will be the first Tech team member in our Chinese offices and will thus have a crucial role in developing technical projects worldwide, as well as being responsible for the adaptation, training and success of our tech products in our Chinese offices.
The candidate will have 50% of his time devoted to Product management (gathering feedback, training non-technical colleagues, preparing and prioritizing new features), and 50% of his time diving in data and implementing new features.
Our current products include our ecosystem databases, CRMs to follow the fund’s deal flow, data visualizations, chatbots, and WeChat tools for our investment teams.
Expected ability of the candidate
The ideal candidate would:
- Have between 2-5 years of experience in the industry or relevant roles
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit – showing eagerness to take initiatives in his former roles, with startup experiences being highly appreciated.
- Have product management experience, willing to spend time gathering feedback, training users, quickly resolve issues on a day-to-day basis, and prioritizing many requests from many stakeholders in a time-constrained environment
- Have programming/data science experience, with proficiency in data manipulation, databases, CRMs, web development (front & back) in production environments. The candidate would be willing to learn new languages/tools very quickly with a results-oriented and hacking mindset.
- Be capable to work on his own and lead the tech initiative in Chinese offices (can communicate well, enthuses team members to use technical tools, translate complex technical issues to non-technical team members)
- Be willing to work in a small team
- Be fluent in English and Mandarin. Proficiency in French is a plus.
- Be located or willing to relocate in Shanghai, China. The candidate can also be currently in Paris, France, and willing to relocate to Shanghai after training in Paris.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi
|Catégorie emploi||Offre d'emplois Cathay Innovation|