China Digital Project Manager – Implant
WITH is a 60-people digital consultancy founded 6 years ago with two offices in Paris & Madrid. In the Paris office, we primarily service the world of food, beauty, health, luxury and fashion.
We tend to focus on the areas of business & marketing where the paint is fresh: e-Commerce (Amazon, D2C, marketplaces), China, influence/advocacy/customer care and data management. In those areas, we master more than 25 different topics among the most demanded on the market. Our obsession is to remain above the fray and help our clients as they modernize their business.
Within the digital team and in liaison with the local market and brand team, you will be in charge of animating the presence of one beauty brands in the Chinese Market. The brand will be launching in China in March focusing mainly into the Tmall ecosystem. In parallel with the e-commerce opening, the brand will be building its social footprint with creative, localized and relevant content across different platforms – Weibo, WeChat, RED, Douyin – as well as building a strong influencer program with Chinese celebrities, bloggers, live-streamers, KOCs… In this position, the WITH implant will help the brand as detailed below:
- Support the local team in building a brand relevant & impactful plan on e-commerce to be presented to the Tmall Management team for launch and animation during the whole year – across marketing drivers to leverage, storytelling angles, key moments to animate with relevant products, ways to engage & retain customers.
- Validate the e-merchandising strategy with local team & TP and coordinate the production of the beauty assortment.
- Follow the creative process with the brand team to deliver the relevant assets to animate the brand flagship store. Facilitate the understanding of the platforms needs, provide benchmarks, do’s and don’ts to ease the asset conceptions.
- Also provide guidelines for localization & control the customer experience (brand page, product pages, …) and interactions on the platforms (pushed through brandzone animation and pull through before & after sales) handled by TP.
- Provide guidance on the marketing investments on the platforms, validate touchpoint ventilation and monitor the performance to propose quick adjustments if needed. Monitor the execution of such investments to ensure the best reach.
- Analyze thoroughly the data of the e-commerce operations and provide recommendations around investments, festivals to tackle, content directions, merchandising opportunities…
- Coordinate & align the marketing strategy and calendar on the Chinese market to localize concepts, contents to relevant tribes to reach. Follow with local team and social media agency to produce relevant storytelling and formats fitting to each platforms needs
- Come up with agile, advanced influencer marketing program to create brand awareness across Chinese platforms – with strong personality influencers, matching the brand DNA – with different pools within local ambassador, beauty expert KOLs & KOCs
- Create visibility & attraction around the celebrities in China – additionally to the brand – in order to ensure a better impact of the launch in China.
- Follow the creative process with the brand team to deliver the relevant assets to animate the brand social media. Facilitate the understanding of the platforms needs, provide benchmarks, do’s and don’ts to ease the asset conceptions.
You will report to the Global Digital Leader of the brand.
Here are the soft & hard skills that we are expecting for this specific job:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- +4 years of experience in digital marketing in China / working on China projects
- Have good understanding of Alibaba marketing ecosystem, both in/out site. And know well about the trendy Alibaba marketing approaches, like live time streaming, seeding, fans operation, etc. And have a successful case to demonstrate the experience.
- Experienced in online especially, related beauty brands or agency working experience is preferred.
- Good soft skill to manage trilateral relationships, drive all cross functional teams at the same pace to deliver business results.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate confidently with senior-level leaders
- Ability to balance between a robust analytical capability and an interest in the creative process
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
DÉROULEMENT DES ENTRETIENS
- First meeting in VC with the China lead
- Second meeting with Ecommerce expert team (hard skill) & one of the co-founder (soft skill)
- Last meeting with the client (shortlist of 2-3 candidates)
- En télétravail pendant la crise sanitaire.